- Yield 12 servings
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup dairy-free butter or regular butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup lavender agave or honey
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 400 milliliters unsweetened coconut milk or other nondairy milk
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch or potato starch
- 1 tablespoon lavender blossoms, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- To make the crust, place the pecans and rolled oats in a food processor.
- Process until ground, then add the pittled medjool dates, nondairy butter and spices and process until well combined.
- Place into 12 jars or a 9×13" baking dish and firmly press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill while you are making the filling. (I prefer to keep the crust raw; you can also bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until it is golden brown).
For the Topping:
- In a pot on the stove, combine agave, coconut milk and starch.
- Whisk until the starch is completely dissolved.
- Add lemon zest. Bring to boiling; and once it starts to thicken, remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, continue stirring for a few (3-4) minutes.
- Let cool, pour over crust and chill before serving.