Lemon Bars from Bakerella
- Yield: servings
- 1cup butter
- 1 3/4cups flour
- 2/3cup confectioner's sugar (plus more for dusting)
- 1 1/2cups plain sugar
- 1/4cup flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 4-- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner’s sugar.
- Cut in butter until combined and crumbly.
- Press mixture into the bottom of greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While crust is baking, prepare topping.
- In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool, dust with confectioner’s sugar and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars and enjoy them cold.
—Recipe Courtesy of Bakerella