- Yield servings
My mom loves asparagus so I found a new way to make it.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 3 to 5 tablespoons butter
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Break tough ends off asparagus. Rinse and remove scales with carrot peeler.
- Heat butter, water, juice and lemon zest in a large skillet to boiling.
- Add asparagus, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Remember to keep an eye on tender asparagus. It cooks quickly. When it is bright green, it is done.
Recipe by Connie Kelly, Hualapai, Ariz.