Leek Soup (Purresuppe)
- Yield 6 servings
Garlicky leeks, sweet parsnips and creamy potatoes blend together for a heart-warming dish.
This soup is very thick, almost like a purée. If you want a thinner soup, add more broth.
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 large leeks, sliced (white and light green prts only)
- 4 medium white potatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 medium parships, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- In a large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and parsnips; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in vegetable broth; cover and simmer until vegetables are fork tender, about 30 minutes
- Working in batches, puree soup in a food processor or blender. Return to pan. Add salt and pepper
- Garnish with fresh parsley when serving.