Leek and Mushroom Quinoa
- Yield 4 servings
A delicious combination of quinoa, mushrooms and blue cheese makes up this tasty dish.
- 1 cup quino
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, diced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper
- Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and leek and sauté for 5 minutes until they start to become tender. Pour white wine over and cook for an additional 3 minutes until a thick sauce forms.
- Stir mushrooms and leeks into the quinoa alone with the blue cheese crumbles. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.