Leek and Lemon Fettuccine
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 12 mins
A main-dish pasta combines the tartness of lemon and capers with savory sautéed leeks.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 large leeks, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces fresh or dried fettuccine
- -- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano and leeks; sauté until leeks are soft and transparent. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return pasta to warm pan. Add leek mixture, lemon rind, capers, cheese and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add a small amount of reserved cooking water if pasta seems dry. Serve with additional grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Recipe adapted with permission from Michele Cranston’s Marie Claire Easy (Thunder Bay Press, 2005).