Lebanese Summer Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Fresh veggies and herbs make this a light summer side.
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup vegetable, canola or extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Combine the bulgur wheat and 1/2 cup cold water in a medium bowl. Let stand 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to blend, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
—Vicki Wilder, Englewood, Fla.