Le Coucher de Soleil Cocktail
- Yield 1 servings
French for “sunset," Le Coucher de Soleil resembles the streaks of color in the sky at the end of the day.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 or 5 ice cubes, plus more for serving
- 3 or 4 ounces chilled tonic water
- Drizzle of grenadine syrup
- 1 lemon or orange slice, for garnish
- Combine gin, Cointreau, lemon juice and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled 8-ounce glass. Top with chilled tonic water and stir gently. Drizzle with just a little grenadine and garnish with a lemon or orange slice.
Recipe by Relish wine and spirits columnist Wini Moranville