- Yield: 8 servings
"This recipe for Lazy Perogy was shared with me many years ago, and my family has been enjoying it ever since."
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 2cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4teaspoon onion salt
- 1cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 1cup butter or margarine
- 1cup diced onion
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles on the bottom of the prepared dish. In a medium bowl, mix the cottage cheese with the egg and onion salt, pour over the noodles, and spread evenly. Cover with another layer of noodles. Mix the Cheddar cheese, potatoes, salt, garlic powder, and pepper until well blended. Spread over the second layer of noodles. Top with a third layer of noodles. Melt the butter in a skillet, and saute the onion. Pour this evenly over the noodles. Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This is an ideal way to spice up leftover mashed potatoes. The butter can be reduced to 1/2 cup if desired.
Recipe by Kathleen Kechnie, Weatherford, Texas