Layered Tortilla Casserole
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4cup water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3cups sliced onions (about 2 large)
- 2 1/2cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 3/4cups julienned red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1cup corn cut from cob (about 2 ears)
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 flour tortillas (8-inches)
- 1 1/4cups commercial green taco sauce
- 3/4cup (3-ounces) shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4cup (3-ounces) Wisconsin crumbled Queso Blanco cheese
- Place water and beans in bowl of food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, zucchini, pepper and garlic; sauté 10 minutes. Add corn, cumin and ground red pepper; cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a 3-quart round soufflé dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of dish. Spread 1/2 cup bean mixture over tortilla. Spoon 1 cup onion mixture on top of bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup sauce. Blend together Monterey Jack and Queso Blanco. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over sauce. Repeat procedure with reaming ingredients, ending with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board