Layered Spinach Salad
- Yield 12 servings
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 pound deli-style roast turkey, sliced in strips
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 ounce dry ranch-style dressing mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise or nonfat yogurt
- Rinse and dry spinach leaves. Place in the bottom of a deep glass bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Add a layer of eggs, turkey and lettuce. Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper. Add a layer of peas, bell pepper, onion and Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread dressing over salad. Garnish with cheese cubes and sliced red onion if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Toss just before serving.
Recipe by Audrey Misner, Price, Utah