Layered Potato Salad
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 8medium baking potatoes, boiled until just done
- 2 1/2cups mayonnaise
- 2cups sour cream
- 1teaspoon horseradish
- 1teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- -- salt to taste
- 1/2cup parsley
- Peel and slice potatoes in 1/8-inch slices.
- Combine mayonaisse, sour cream, horseradish, celery seed and salt, and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix onion and parsley.
- In a large serving bowl, arrange single layer of potato slices.
- Cover with layer of mayonaisse mixture.
- Sprinkle layer with onion and parsley.
- Continue layering, ending with parsley and onion. Do not stir.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Charleston’s Charleston Receipts Album; An Organizer for your Collected Recipes (Charleston, South Carolina 2007).