Layered Potato Salad with Parsley
- Yield 8 servings
The flavor of these potatoes is enhanced by boiling them in water seasoned with garlic, bay leaf and celery leaves. Show off the appealing layers in a glass bowl.
- 8 red potatoes (medium to large)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- Celery tops
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) horseradish
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 Vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- Boil potatoes with garlic, bay leaf, and celery tops to flavor water. Cool, peel and slice.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, and celery seed.
- Mix together onions and parsley.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes in a clear glass bowl or casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread a layer of mayonnaise mixture on top of potatoes, followed by a layer of parsley mixture. Repeat layer.