Layered Mexican Vegetarian Dish
- Yield servings
This low-fat dish is great served with salsa and a dollop of nonfat sour cream.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, combine onion, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, pepper, chili powder, cumin and Worcestershire sauce. Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole. Top with about 1/4 of the vegetable mixture. Repeat layers, alternating with tortillas and vegetables, ending with vegetables on top. Bake 45 minutes.