Lavender Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground culinary lavender (from Windy Hills)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 dashes fresh ground pepper
- Wash sweet potatoes, quarter, place in a saucepan with water to cover, and cook until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Remove skins and discard them.
- Mash potatoes until smooth, stir in butter and flour, then add salt, lemon juice, lavender, and brown sugar (if desired).
- Stir into cold chicken or turkey broth and simmer for 20 minutes
- Ladle into 4 soup bowls.
- Top each serving with a dollop of cottage cheese and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here