Lavender Sweet Potato Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2large sweet potatoes
- 1/4cup butter or margarine
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 2teaspoons ground culinary lavender (from Windy Hills)
- 2tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 4dashes fresh ground pepper
- Wash sweet potatoes, quarter, place in a saucepan with water to cover, and cook until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Remove skins and discard them.
- Mash potatoes until smooth, stir in butter and flour, then add salt, lemon juice, lavender, and brown sugar (if desired).
- Stir into cold chicken or turkey broth and simmer for 20 minutes
- Ladle into 4 soup bowls.
- Top each serving with a dollop of cottage cheese and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.