Lamb Shish Kabobs
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) leg of lamb or boned lamb shoulder
- 1cup wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 2large onions, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12small tomatoes
- 8 to 10small white onions
- 2medium green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Cut lamb into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Combine vinegar, olive oil, chopped onions, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Add lamb and marinate, covered, in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut tomatoes, small onions and bell peppers into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Thread lamb, reserving marinade, and vegetables alternately onto skewers until all ingredients are used.
- Grill over hot coals for 15 to 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Cook to desired degree of doneness.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Great American Opportunities, Inc., Quick & Easy Grilling (Great American Opportunities, Inc., 2003)