Lamb Chops with Black Olive Pesto
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 (1-inch thick) small Lamb loin or rib chops, or 4 larger lamb shoulder chops
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 40 California black ripe olives
- 1 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Line sheet pan with foil and place rack on top of pan. Season lamb with salt and pepper and place on rack. Cook lamb about 4 to 5 inches from the heat source, turning once, about 9 to 10 minutes for medium. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- In the bowl of food processor, pulse olives, parsley and pine nuts until coarsely chopped. With the motor running, pour oil through the feeding tube and blend until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon pesto over the lamb.
Recipe by Chef Claire Robinson, courtesy of the California Olive Committee