- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound lean ground lamb
- 1/2cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crumbled
- 1teaspoon dried (or 1 tablespoon fresh) mint leaves crumbled or chopped fine
- 3tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 to 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1pinch allspice
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Form 4 equal sized patties.
- Barbecue over hot coals or on high on a gas grill for approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Do not overcook.
- Serve immediately on traditional or whole wheat buns with your favorite condiments.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League’s West of the Rockies (Grand Junction, Colorado, 1994).