Lamb and Potato Stew with Spinach
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 3medium potatoes, unpeeled, cut into thick wedges
- 2large brown onions, sliced thickly
- 2large carrots, sliced thickly
- 4cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 1/2pounds boned lamb leg, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2cups chicken stock
- 1 2/3cups canned tomato puree
- 4sprigs fresh thyme
- 2ounces baby spinach leaves
- Place potatoes, onion, carrot, garlic, and lamb in 4½-quart slow cooker; stir in stock, puree, and thyme.
- Cook, covered, on low, 6 hours.
- Discard thyme. Stir in spinach leaves; season to taste.
Serving suggestion: Serve stew with crusty bread and steamed green vegetables.
Reprinted with permission from Delish Family Slow Cooker: Easy, Delicious Meals © 2012 by Hearst Communications, Inc., Photography by Ian Wallace.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 401
- Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Fiber 5.9 g
- Protein 49.6 g