- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 20 to 25-- kumquats, halved lengthwise
- 5tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 6cups chilled filtered water
- 1/4cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 1/4cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 3-- tangerines, sliced thinly
In a small saucepan, combine the kumquats, sugar, and 1 cup of the water over high heat. Bring to a boil, and stir well until hot to the touch and the sugar is completely dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let cool.
Once the kumquat syrup has cooled, transfer the syrup along with the kumquats to a large serving pitcher. Add the remaining water, tangerine juice, and lemon juice and stir well. Add the sliced tangerines, and serve in tumblers.
Reprinted with permission from The Inspired Vegan by Bryant Terry, De Capo Lifelong Books