- Yield: servings
This dish looks terrible when you put it in the oven, but it's really good. And it's even better reheated the second day.'
- 1 or 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 2cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8tablespoons butter, melted
- 16ounces cottage cheese
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Drain the spinach well. If using onion and garlic, saute them first in 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Mix the spinach, eggs, butter, cottage cheese, flour, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add the onions and garlic, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Pour all into the prepared dish, and bake for 1 hour.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
This side dish could be served at brunch or dinner. It’s like a hearty souffle. Try it with ham and fruit salad.