- Yield 8 servings
Ginger, honey and soy sauce punch up the taste of flank steak.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 -- green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -- (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- -- Chives, for garnish, optional
- Combine wine, soy sauce, honey, green onions, sesame oil, ginger root and garlic in large baking dish. Add flank steak. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator about 1 hour, turning at least once. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- On top rack of preheated oven broiler or low rack of charcoal grill over hot coals, cook to desired degree of doneness. Slice diagonally to serve. Serve with vegetables, if desired. Garnish with chives.