- Yield servings
- 8 SQUARES (8)OZ. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour ( all purposed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granulates
- 1 pack (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped and toasted).
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking pan 13×9 inch with foil
- Grease foil
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in bowl for 3 min. stir until smooth.
- Add coffee to beaten eggs and stir well.
- Mix in sugar then eggs mixture and vanilla, and melted chocolate.
- Mix all by hand—NO MIXER.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. pour into foiled line pan.
- Bake 26 to 30 min. or until set. BE CAREFUL NEVER OVERBAKE.
- Remove brownies from pan and peel off foil. cut into bars or with cookie cutters shapes. Ice or frost of your choice before cutting into bars. I use a pizza cutter to cut brownies into bars.
—Diana Miller, Seaman, Ohio