Kid-Size Pizza Rounds
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Cook 8 mins
Kids get a thrill from making their own pizzas.
Make this pizza dough in advance so that your kids can roll it out and top it with ingredients of their choice.
- 1 package active dry or fresh
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water, 105F to 115F
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- -- Assorted toppings, such as tomatoes, herbs, cheese and chicken
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in ¼ cup warm water.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour, salt and rosemary. Add oil, yeast mixture, and remaining ¾ cup water; mix on low speed until dough comes cleanly away from sides of bowl and clusters around dough hook, about 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a clean work surface and knead by hand 2 or 3 minutes longer until dough is smooth and firm. Cover with a clean, damp towel and let rise in a warm spot about 30 minutes. (When ready, the dough will stretch as it is lightly pulled.)
- Divide dough into 4 balls. Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
- Cover dough with a damp towel and let rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Roll out dough into 8-inch rounds, top with desired ingredients and bake on a pizza stone 8 to 9 minutes.
Recipe from High Cotton Cooking School.