Kicky Vegetarian Olive Burgers
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 1 can cannellini beans (drain, reserving 1 T liquid then rinse beans well)
- 1 tablespoon reserved liquid from beans
- 1 can ripe olives (drained, chopped coarsely)
- 1 -- carrot (peeled, chopped the size of small dice)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (chopped coarsely)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 -- green onions (sliced thin including the green part)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (sliced into thin strips about 1/2" long) OR 1 T dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Mash beans in a bowl. Add all ingredients (except corn meal and olive oil) and blend well. Add corn meal (this helps bind the burgers — keeps them from being too sticky). Form mixture into burger-sized patties.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties, reduce heat to medium and cook, turning once, until cooked through and burgers are golden brown (about 5 minutes per side).
Serve alone or on buns.