Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Yield 7 servings
Ice cream impersonates key lime pie in this creamy, easy ice cream best made with fresh lime juice.
We liked the graham crackers in big chunks for ultimate crunch.
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 3 sheets graham crackers, crumbled
- Whisk together half-and-half, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and salt. Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions. Mix in lime rind and crushed graham crackers. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
Recipe by Alex Vorhaus, courtesy of Miss Martha’s Ice Cream Crankin’.