Key Lime Cheesecake
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cheesecake Crust:
- 1 3/4cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5tablespoons butter, melted
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 24ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3-- eggs
- For the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Press over the bottom and half way up the side of an 8-inch springform pan. Bake at 350F for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the lime juice, lime zest and eggs and mix well. Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the top is light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Chill in the refrigerator. Remove the side of the springform pan and place the cheesecake on a serving plate. Cut into wedges and garnish with whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Pensacola’s By Invitation Only (The Junior League of Pensacola, Inc., 2002).