Kentucky Hot Brown Pizza
- Yield: 8 servings
Gourmet pizzeria Tony BoomBozz’s creation is a white-sauce pizza topped with roasted turkey, bubbling cheeses, crisp bacon and Roma tomatoes.
- Mornay Sauce:
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1cup whole milk
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1tablespoon sour cream
- 1tablespoon (heaping) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 24ounces fresh pizza dough
- 1cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 1/2cups chopped roasted turkey breast
- 1/2cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until combined. Cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add sour cream. Bring mixture to a slow simmer. (Do not boil.) The mixture will begin to thicken. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- To make pizza, preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll pizza dough into a 14-inch round or square. Place on baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread sauce on dough and top with remaining ingredients in the order listed. Bake 7 to 11 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
Recipe by Tony Palombino, founder, Boombozz Famous Gourmet Pizza.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 1570mg
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 23g