Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 25 mins
A grown-up version of the classic candied yams with marshmallows.
Perfect for fall weather and thanksgiving feasts.
- 2 cans sweet potatoes (29-ounce), undrained
- 1/3 cup good-quality bourbon
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, bourbon, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Spoon into a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Combine remaining brown sugar, pecans and butter; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is browned.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.