Kentucky Bourbon Spread
- Yield 2 cups
This cheese spread is unique, not to mention spirited.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces bleu cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dash hot pepper sauce
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- Soften cheeses and butter. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring in enough bourbon to make a spreadable paste.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Serve with crackers. Add more bourbon if spread appears too stiff.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).