Kansas Hummus Dip
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This unusual hummus features pickled onions and cornichons.
If you can’t find cornichons, use chopped dill pickles. The ice cubes keep the emulsion smooth and prevent it from separating. Serve with pita bread or raw vegetable dippers.
- 2 -- garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 -- ice cubes
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled cocktail onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cornichons or dill pickles
- Place garlic, lemon, juice, ice cubes, chickpeas, tahini, salt and hot sauce in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a small bowl and top with chopped onions and pickles.