- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 180 mins
Try using pork shoulder or Boston butt in this recipe.
This recipe makes great leftovers because the fat in the roast keeps the meat tender and moist. Don't use a loin or tenderloin. They are leaner but drier too.
- 4 pounds pork roast
- 2 tablespoons sea or kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rub salt, liquid smoke and seasonings over pork roast. Wrap securely in aluminum foil. Roast about 3 hours or until very tender.
- Remove from heat, let stand for about 15 minutes. Shred, removing slabs of fat, and serve.
Recipe by Jeanette Hurt.