Kale Waldorf Salad
- Yield: servings
- 1/4cup raw cashews, soaked in 1/2 cup water, drained, and rinsed
- 2cups thinly sliced trimed kale, use only the leafy green part
- 2tablespoons cold-pressed (extra virgin) olive oil
- 1/4cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1cup thinly sliced tart apple, divided
- 1/2cup thinly sliced celery, divided
- 1/2cup filtered water
- 1/2cup walnuts, halves or pieces
- 1/4cup raisins
- In a bowl, toss together kale, olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp cider vinegar and 1 tsp salt. Set aside to soften for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
- In a blender, combine 1⁄2 cup apple, 1⁄4 cup celery, water, soaked cashews and remaining lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy. Pour over softened kale. Add walnuts, raisins and remaining apple and celery and toss. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.