- 2bunches kale, washed, dried and stemmed
- 2 honeycrisp apples
- 1medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Sweet-Sour Vinaigrette:
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 3tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral oil)
- To prepare vinaigrette, place lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and black pepper in a food processor fitted with the swivel blade. Begin processing, slowly pouring in oil.
- To prepare salad, place kale leaves in stacks, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch ribbons. Cut ribbons into bite-sized pieces.
- Place kale, apples, onion and toasted pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Pour in about half the dressing and toss gently. Serves 10.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 125mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 6g