- 2cups (packed) baby kale
- 2 blood oranges, peeled
- 1/2small fennel bulb (stems and leaves removed)
- 1/4cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2tablespoons blood orange juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon orange Muscat vinegar (or any orange vinegar, or cider vinegar)
- 1tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
blog comments powered by
- Mix together orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, and honey in a small jar with a lid. Add salt and pepper to taste. Shake well to combine and set aside.
- Remove any stems from the baby kale. Place kale leaves in a large bowl.
- Slice oranges into 1/4-inch thin slices, and add to bowl with kale.
- Peel any wilted or discolored outer layer of fennel and discard. Slice off the bottom, root end of the fennel and discard. Slice remaining fennel into very thin strips and add to bowl.
- Toss kale, oranges and fennel to combine. Pour dressing over and toss well to coat. Sprinkle pecans and crumbled goat cheese over salad and serve.
This recipe originally appeared as Blood Orange, Kale and Fennel Salad on Cravingsomethinghealthy.com.