Jonny’s Fudgy Chocolate Antioxidant Pudding
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1cup light coconut milk, divided
- 1/4cup sugar
- 3tablespoons brown sugar or Sucanat
- 1/4 high-quality cocoa
- 3tablespoons kudzu (or cornstarch, but cook it for a couple of minutes longer to dissipate the starchy taste)
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Place 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the coconut milk, the sugars, cocoa, kudzu, cinnamon, and salt in a narrow bowl with high sides and blend with an immersion blender until well mixed and the thickener is dissolved (or use a regular blender). Set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, bring the milk and remaining 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk almost to a boil (you will see the steam increasing and tiny bubbles beginning to form). When you see the milk starting to steam, stir the cold mixture and, just before the milk boils, pour the cold mixture into the hot milk in the pan and whisk until it thickens and comes to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the semisweet chocolate and vanilla, let sit for about 30 seconds, then whisk until melted and well incorporated. Pour into 4 to 6 dessert bowls or glasses.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Reprinted with permission of Fair Winds Press from 150 Healthiest Comfort Foods on the Planet.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 219
- Fat 8.8g
- Cholesterol 3.3mg
- Sodium 37.5mg
- Carbohydrate 36.8g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 2.9g