Joe’s Fresh Cod Salad
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1large cod fillet
- 1-1/2stalk celery including leaves, sliced thinly
- 4cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2cup green (or black) olives, sliced
- 3tablespoons capers
- 1 kosher salt to taste
- 1 freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 juice from two lemons
- 1 extra virgin olive oil
- Poach the cod in water or fish broth until it flakes easily. This is done more gently in the oven than on a stovetop (for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees F). Remove the fish from the liquid and allow to cool. Carefully flake the fish into a bowl.
- Add the celery, garlic, parsley, onion, olives and capers to the bowl. Mix well being careful not to break the fish into too many tiny fragments … and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Dress the salad with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature, or if you prefer, chilled.