Jill’s Peach Cobbler
- Yield: servings
- 8cups fresh peach slices
- 1cup turbinado sugar
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2cups flour
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 4tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Toss well; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, Combine flour, sugar and salt, in a food processor and pulse until blended. Add chilled butter in small pieces and pulse until mixture is the size of coarse meal. Add water and pulse until mixture comes together.
- Gather into a ball, and roll out on a floured surface.
- Place peaches in a 3-quart shallow dish and cover with dough. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Make slits in top and bake at 425F for 30 to 45 minutes.
—Recipe by Jill Melton