- Yield 12 servings
Crunchy and “brown” tasting from the sorghum, this granola is baked until really caramelized and browned.
- 2 cups slivered toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sorghum or molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (almonds through coconut). Combine molasses, butter and salt in a microwave bowl. Microwave 1 minute or until hot. Pour over oat mixture and mix until well combined. Spread onto baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 40 minutes or until very browned. Let cool and place in airtight container.