Jicama Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Jicama lends its refreshing crunch to this salad.
If you can't find watercress, you can use spinach or arugula.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jícama (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 bunch watercress, large lower stems broken off (about 2 cups)
- 4 romaine leaves, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces queso blanco or feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the jícama, watercress, romaine and mango. Drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. (You’’ll have some dressing left.)
Adapted from Mexican Everyday, by Rick Bayless.