Jerk Spiced Lamb Burger from Chef Marvin Woods
- Yield 6 servings
Try ground lamb in place of beef for a tasty change to your burgers.
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pounds fresh ground lamb
- 6 hamburger buns
- Combine all ingredients except lamb and buns. Mix well. Place lamb in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons onion mixture; mix to combine. (Store remaining onion mixture in refrigerator up to 3 days.) Shape into 6 burgers and grill, broil or pan-fry until thoroughly cooked. Place on buns.
—Recipe copyright 2010 Chef Marvin Woods & Trailblazing Productions, LLC.