Jerk Chicken with Spicy Mango Topper
- Yield 4 servings
A unique twist on typical jerk recipes, this spicy chicken revs up your taste buds.
- Spicy Mango Topper:
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Jerk Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning blend
- 1 lime, halved
- Stir together mango, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and allspice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle on both sides with jerk seasoning and let stand for 10 minutes. Cook on a well oiled grill over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and squeeze lime halves over chicken.
- Serve with mango topper.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board