- Yield: 4 servings
- Chicken and Vegetables:
- 4cups vegetable oil for frying
- 2-- eggs
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2-- 2 pounds of chicken
- 1small cabbage or half large cabbage finely sliced
- 1-- onion finely sliced
- 4-- carrots finely sliced
- 3-- scallions (finely sliced 2" long)
- 4tablespoons ginger (finely chopped)
- 2tablespoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 1cup dashi
- 3/4cup rice vinegar
- 1/4cup mirin
- 1tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 4tablespoons soy sauce
- pinch of japanese chili powder
For the chicken:
In a pot, heat up 4 cups of oil for frying.
-Cut the chicken into chicken nugget size pieces.
-Beat the eggs in a bowl.
-Add 2tbs soy sauce, the cornstarch, garlic and 2tbs of ginger.
- Mix well by hand.
- When the oil is hot, fry all the chicken pieces.
-Drain of oil and let cool on counter.
For the vegetables:
-In a bowl, add the sliced cabbage, onion, carrots, scallion and remaining ginger.
-Mix together the dashi, vinegar, mirin, sugar, and the remaining soy sauce . Combine with the sliced vegetables and let chill in the refrigerator for a half hour to 45 minutes, time permitting.
-When ready, in a bowl, add 1/4 of the veggies and dressing. Top with a 1/4 of the chicken and serve. Makes 4 servings.