Jane Polak’s Brownies
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1stick margarine
- 1stick butter
- 4ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2cups flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 6large eggs
- 3cups sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Melt together the margarine, butter and chocolate.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Spread batter in a buttered 13X9 inch pan and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.