Jane Polak’s Brownies
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- Melt together the margarine, butter and chocolate.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Spread batter in a buttered 13X9 inch pan and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.