Jamaican Jerk Chicken Kebabs
- Yield: 6 servings
The pineapple, mushrooms and peppers complement the spicy chicken and make a colorful entree. May be broiled or grilled. Serve with yellow rice tossed with green onions to carry out the tropical theme.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon ground allspice
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2pound small mushrooms
- 1 pineapple, cut into chunks
- Blend green onions, jalapeno, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire, oil, allspice, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Marinate chicken in mixture for 1 hour, either in a covered dish or plastic bag.
- Divide chicken, peppers, mushrooms and pineapple across skewers.
- Broil kebabs for 5-7 minutes on each side.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 155
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 46mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 20g