Jamaican Jerk Chicken Kebabs
- Yield 6 servings
An abundance of great flavors meld together creating this enticing, exciting chicken shish kebab.
The pineapple, mushrooms and peppers complement the spicy chicken and make a colorful entree. May be broiled or grilled. Serve with yellow rice tossed with green onions to carry out the tropical theme.
- 2 -- green onions, chopped
- 1 -- jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast chunks
- 1 -- red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 -- green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound small mushrooms
- 1 -- pineapple, cut into chunks
- In blender or food processor, process green onions, jalapeno, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire, oil, allspice, thyme, salt and pepper until mixed together.
- In glass container or plastic bag, combine mixture and chicken, coating well. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Divide chicken, peppers, mushrooms and pineapple onto kebobs.
- Place kabobs on foil lined pan. Broil 5 to 7 minutes. Turn; continue to broil until another 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is done. This may be grilled also.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.