Jalapeno Chicken Quesadillas with Mojito Mango Salsa and Lime Foam
- Yield servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup prepared Jalapeno Jelly
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 -- 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mojito Salsa
- 1 -- 14 oz jar mango, drained and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup reserved mango juice
- 1 -- red pepper, siided and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, shredded
- Lime Foam
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1-2 -- drops of green food coloring, if desired
- Combine chicken and Jalapeno jelly in medium sautee' pan and warm over medium heat. Divide shredded cheese and warm chicken cubes equally atop four tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook quesadillas in large non-stick pan 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and slice into wedges. Serve with Mojito Mango Salsa and Lime Foam.
- Mojito Salsa: Combine mango, juice, red pepper, red onion, rum, lime juice and mint in a non-metallic bowl.
- Lime Foam: In small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice and lime zest. Wisk all ingredients until combined and frothy.
- Garnish with Lime slices and Mint Leaves