Jalapeno Chicken Quesadillas with Mojito Mango Salsa and Lime Foam
- Yield: servings
- 2cups cooked chicken, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2cup prepared Jalapeno Jelly
- 2cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 8-- 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Mojito Salsa
- 1-- 14 oz jar mango, drained and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4cup reserved mango juice
- 1-- red pepper, siided and diced
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 2tablespoons dark rum
- 1teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2cup fresh mint, shredded
- Lime Foam
- 1cup vanilla yogurt
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon lime zest
- 1-2-- drops of green food coloring, if desired
- Combine chicken and Jalapeno jelly in medium sautee' pan and warm over medium heat. Divide shredded cheese and warm chicken cubes equally atop four tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook quesadillas in large non-stick pan 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and slice into wedges. Serve with Mojito Mango Salsa and Lime Foam.
- Mojito Salsa: Combine mango, juice, red pepper, red onion, rum, lime juice and mint in a non-metallic bowl.
- Lime Foam: In small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice and lime zest. Wisk all ingredients until combined and frothy.
- Garnish with Lime slices and Mint Leaves