Baja Style Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Yield servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup prepared Jalapeno Jelly
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 medium 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mojito Salsa
- 1/4 cup reserved mango juice
- 1 medium red pepper, siided and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, shredded
- Lime Foam
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 or 2 drop drops green food coloring, if desired
- 4-6 pieces thin lime slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- Combine chicken and Jalapeno jelly in medium sautee pan and warm over medium heat.
- Divide shredded cheese and warm chicken cubes equally atop four tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook quesadillas in olive oil as needed in a large non-stick pan 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and slice into wedges. Serve with Mojito Mango Salsa and Lime Foam.
- Mojito Salsa:Combine mango, juice, red pepper, red onion, rum, lime juice and mint in a non-metallic bowl. Lime Foam
Lime Foam: In small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice and lime zest. Wisk all ingredients until combined and frothy.
- Garnish with Lime slices and Mint Leaves