Jalapeno Cheese Grits Casserole
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Cheesy and spicy grits come together in a convenient casserole.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces processed cheese with jalapeno chiles, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) buter
- 3 -- eggs, beatne
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chiles
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- -- Paprika to taste
- Combine the water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the grits. Cook, covered over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add the Cheddar cheese, processed cheese and butter and stir until melted. Stir in the eggs, jalapeno chiles and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Newnan Junior Service League’s Simply Southern(Newnan, Georgia, 2008).