Jalapeno Cheese Grits Casserole
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4cups water
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup quick-cooking grits
- 1cup (4-ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8ounces processed cheese with jalapeno chiles, cut into cubes
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) buter
- 3-- eggs, beatne
- 2tablespoons chopped jalapeno chiles
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- -- Paprika to taste
- Combine the water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the grits. Cook, covered over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add the Cheddar cheese, processed cheese and butter and stir until melted. Stir in the eggs, jalapeno chiles and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Newnan Junior Service League’s Simply Southern(Newnan, Georgia, 2008).