Italian Style Swiss Chard
- Yield: 3 cups
- 1large onion, diced
- 5cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3large bunches of red or green swiss chard
- 1 1/2tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6fluid ounces Prego Traditional Style Spaghetti Sauce
- 1packet Truvia (or an equal amount of sugar)
- 1teaspoon Salt
- 1/2teaspoon Black Pepper
- Wash swiss chard thoroughly and slice into one-inch segments.
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add swiss chard in increments as it wilts down and makes room, tossing occasionally.
- Cover and continue cooking until all leaves are wilted and stems are tender.
- Add spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper and Truvia (or sugar if you prefer) and continue cooking until heated through.
- Remove cover and continue cooking to thicken sauce and evaporate any excess liquid.